Basic rules for class IV restorations
Class IV restoration of the anterior teeth is always one of the most difficult challenges for doctors, since there is always a risk not to get the color right, and this can lead to the future mistrust of the patient. Following the basic rules of color matching and the layering of composites we can turn our daily routine work into excellent aesthetic results.
With simple techniques and protocols we can easily overcome the challenges this kind of hard cases always present.
1. Devoto W, Saracinelli M, Manauta J. Composite in everyday practice: how to choose the right material and simplify application techniques in the anterior teeth. Eur J Esthet Dent 2010;5(1):102-24.
2. Manauta J. Paolone G. Devoto W. IN n OUT A New Concept in Composite Stratification. Labline Magazine, 2013;3(2):110-127.
3. Manauta J. Controlled Body thickness Part 1 – www.styleitaliano.org
4. Manauta J, Salat A. Layers, An atlas of composite resin stratification. Quintessence Books, 2012. Print.
5. Akhundov M. Composite meets ceramics. www.styleitaliano.org