23 years old young man came to the clinic complaining of bad esthetics. The patient said he wished to smile more confidently, and that he was looking forward to getting a brighter, whiter and more attractive smile.
Initial situation, contrasted view.
Initial situation, occlusal view.
Rubber dam application.
B4 clamp was used to improve retraction of the soft tissues.
Total etching by 37% phosphoric acid for both centrals incisors.
The bonding agent was applied on the entire labial surface after etching.
The restorations before finishing procedures.
Total etching by 37% phosphoric acid for both lateral and canine.
Final situation after finishing and polishing the restorations.
Final situation, close-up view.
Final side view of the smile.
12 O’clock view.
Comparison between the initial and final smile (frontal view).
Comparison between the initial and final situation.
One year follow-up.
Happy patient at one year follow-up.
Direct Composite veneers can be a suitable solution for patients who want a whiter and more appealing smile, especially for thouse who want it quickly. The direct veneering technique allows us to sculpt and create beautiful and natural looking smiles in one visit, while being minimally invasive; this technique is also a financially attractive procedure for the patient.
White Dental Beauty CompoSite is durable, and highly polishable, and is also invisible thanks to its natural fluorescence and high color stability resulting in amazing long-term aesthetics.
1. Devoto W, Saracinelli M, Manauta J. Composite in everyday practice: how tochoose the right material and simplify application techniques in the anterior teeth. Our J Esthet Dent 2010;5: 102-124.
2. Dietschi D. Optimizing smile composition and esthetics with resin composites and other conservative esthetic procedures. Eur J Esthet Dent 2008; 3(1):14-29.
3. Hemmings WK, Darbar UR, Vaughan S. Tooth wear treated with direct composite restorations at an increased vertical dimension: Results at 30 months. J Prosthet Dent. 2000; 83:287–93.
4. Dietschi D. Layering concepts in anterior composite restorations. J Adhesive Dent 2001; 3:71-80.
5. Fahl Junior N.The direct/indirect composite resin veneers : a case report. Pract Periodontics Aesthet Dent 1996; 8:627-638