LM Gengiva is named after the Italian word for “Gum” or “Gingiva”. It is an instrument that has the characteristic of having strong plastic interchangeable tips, making them modifiable and disposable.
The aim in restorative treatment of a cervical lesion is to achieve a perfect margin sealing, a strong bonding and an optimal polishing for the composite material. Retraction is always a challenge and mechanical retraction can be traumatic for the gingiva when not done properly.
The use of special LM Gengiva gingival retracting kit has many advantages over the traditional rubber dam and retraction cords. It is used to avoid injuring the gingiva unnecessarily and obtain the best clinical result. With this method the desired end result is achieved: the soft tissue is not harmed and the esthetic requirements are fulfilled.
LM-Gingival Retractors are used with LM-Gengiva instrument. The blue plastic working ends adapt tightly to the gingival margin in different teeth.
– retract the gingiva from the restoration
– hardness of the plastic tip allows a strong retraction
– the plastic tips allow certain flexibility for more adaptation while pressured
– the tip acts as a tight seal between the gingiva and tooth
– protects the gingiva and diminishes the debonding failures
– the bonding interface and the gingival margin can be seen perfectly; perfect contrast with soft tissues
– possible to customise with bur in order to fit a convex or concave root detect
– no bonding of the adhesive materials to the tips surface
– no interference with polymerization
While working in the cervical area all kinds of solutions must be possible. The importance of not harming the tissue and sealing the restoration perfectly is of utmost importance. The use of the LM Gengiva instrument is useful not only for conservative dentistry but as well for prosthodontic work and as a perfect appliance to use together with the rubber dam as well.