Fast, easy, beautiful fillings – Bulk Composite Cavity Restoration
Making fillings a fast and easy procedure is nowadays possible with the use of bulk composites. For the posterior teeth restoration, this material is well known and documented by Literature and should be considered as an affordable and time-saving procedure.
The first bulk composite resin mass was used to build the proximal wall and obtain a simple Class I cavity to fill.
Modern Bulk composite resins are an easy and affordable material for posterior teeth reconstruction. They can be easily and quickly applied in cavities (up to 5 mm in height), easily shaped and polished as shown in this didactic case.
DMG Ecosite Bulk-Fill has a good handling and good optical properties thanks to its particular and natural opalescence. Furthermore, it’s an easy-to-model material, because it keeps its shape without collapsing inside the cavity before light-curing. As regards the polishing procedure and its result, it is similar to that obtained with a conventional composite resin.
For these reasons, this kind of material is ideal in all those situations in which we need to save time while obtaining ideal restorations without compromising on function and aesthetics.
1. Van Ende, J. De Munck, K.L. Van Landuyt, A. Poitevin, M. Peumans, B. Van Meerbeek. Bulk-filling of high C-factor posterior cavities: effect on adhesion to cavity bottom dentin. Dental Materials 29 (2013) 269-277.
2. Van Dijken JW, Pallesen U. 2016. Posterior bulk-filled resin composite restorations: a 5-year randomized controlled clinical study. J Dent. 51:29–35.
3. Hirata R, Kabbach W, de Andrade OS, Bonfante EA, Giannini M, Coelho PG. Bulk Fill Composites: An Anatomic Sculpting Technique. J Esthet Restor Dent. 2015 Nov;27(6):335-43.
4. Hirata R, Clozza E, Giannini M, Farrokhmanesh E, Janal M, Tovar N, Bonfante EA, Coelho PG. Shrinkage assessment of low shrinkage composites using micro-computed tomography. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2015 May;103(4):798-806.
5. Leprince JG, Palin WM, Vanacker J, Sabbagh J, Devaux J, Leloup G. Physico-mechanical characteristics of commercially available bulk-fill composites. J Dent. 2014 Aug;42(8):993-1000.
6. Ilie N, Bucuta S, Draenert M. Bulk-fill resin-based composites: an in vitro assessment of their mechanical performance. Oper Dent. 2013 Nov-Dec;38(6):618-25.